I wanted to show Mt. Fuji a little love since they didn't even make the "Best of..." list in the current local free weekly. They are an established restaurant, not at all shiny and new. I come here with my favorite people and it's such a pleasure and a comfort. Their sushi is tops and they also excel in other kinds of Japanese foods.
Agedofu (hold the bonito flakes):

Seaweed salad:

Ahi tuna tataki, my favorite. I once got this at Sushi Cafe and I wanted to commit seppuku:

Last, but not least...properly prepared fried ice cream:

*****
A little more catching up before I resume my vacation.
A little more catching up before I resume my vacation.
My favorite lunch spot:


New family member, Rosie Turnip:


Someone had to go to the emergency room to get an abscess treated. He kept this on much longer than we'd expected:

Our bond strengthened while he was on the mend:

Rented a room @ a cack motel for pool privleges. Looks like we're behind a Lowe's hardware store. It was fun, though!

Busted out Ms. Bento. Lunch is cute these days. Still going strong with the VB6, too:

Went to visit Victor for the first time since his funeral. I will return to clean it up, burn some incense and dollar bills, and place dumpstered flowers. I really miss him and am finally acknowledging that a good bit of me died with him. He was one of my bestest. I am sorry I didn't visit sooner, I really clung to the anger part of grief. I'll see you again soon, VWW.


*****
I just want to say that in the grand scheme of things, I don't know anything.
We attended the vigil for Trayvon Martin at the State Capitol because,
as on Occupier proclaimed on a sign held aloft his head "shit is fucked up and bullshit," and we wanted to show support and solidarity with our
fellow Arkansans. There are a lot of people who are hurting and angry.
Will there ever be relief?

4 comments:
HUGS!
Ai Lien, thank you for your posts. I know you're on vacation, but I always look forward to reading your writing. Have you made any recipes for your cast iron dutch oven?
Right back atcha, Nicole! Hope you're mending well from your bike wreck. Yeeowch! xx
Thanks, Carrie. I just don't have too much going on around these parts, so a break is necessary. I haven't been cooking w the dutch oven too much on account that I've been focusing on eating vegan, but, duh! Vegan dutch oven recipes! Need to get on that!
Hope all is well.
Much love.
VWW 4 EVA
Post a Comment